Did you know that you could earn extra cash from Media.net? That is true if you have a niche website that provides content relating to finance, gifting, lifestyle, parenting, and credit and gadgets domain with traffic originating from Canada, USA and the UK. In this guide, we will tell you how to do that.
What is Media.net?
Media.net is among the rapidly growing contextual adverts networks that assist publishers to monetize ad positions on their blogs or websites by showing the relevant keyword tags. Currently, the ads network has a very large base of advertisers who mainly advertise on Bing and Yahoo network. Media.net offers the ad spaces for the advertisements. More recently, a Chinese consortium purchased the network for $900 million. In the year 2015, the network had reported $232 million as their profit for the year and spent over $450 million to pay the publishers. Around 90 percent of the company’s earnings are from the United States. It has offices in the Middle East, US and India.
The company targets large, medium and small size bloggers in addition to media houses. Therefore, even if your blog is the smallest you can start earning if it contains quality content and it is getting traffic from the United States, UK and Canada. And because it is a contextual ad network, Media.net will post advertisements related to your website content. For example, if your content is about smartphones, your readers will see advertisements related to smartphones and their accessories.
- It is free to join and you will never pay anything
- It offers a powerful dashboard. The reports and graphs will help you track the performance of your website or blog
- The Revenue Per Thousand Impressions (RPM) is currently the best in the industry
- The ads network offers intuitive advert designs that will blend with the layout of your blog and result in high CTR. You can change the style of ads to match the design of your website or blog if a need arises.
- Allows you to fix ads or to use sticky sidebars. You can also allow ads on the sticky or fixed sidebars.
- The customer support is one of the best. After they have approved your website or blog, you will get a customer representative dedicated to your account. They will help you optimize your website or blog for their ads and maximize your earnings.
- The ads require double clicks from your website visitors. In other words, your site visitors have to click on advert twice for you to earn.
- They do not update the revenue in real time. You will have to wait for one day to see the day’s earnings.
- Requires website traffic from three countries only – UK, US and Canada. If your website has been getting traffic from other countries, you will not earn.
Media.net vs Google AdSense
Google AdSense is the leading ad company while Media.net, which has been using Bing and Yahoo! ads, stands at the second position. In other words, AdSense has more users than those you expect on Media.net. Therefore, you will get higher commissions from Media.net than you would get from Google’s AdSense if you are able to generate more relevant audience from some countries like the UK and the US. The main reason you should opt for Media.net in place of AdSense relates to the delivery of text-based ads, which are contextually relevant to what your website users are reading. In other words, the chances of getting many clicks on the ads are higher and you will earn more.
Media.net Traffic Requirement
Media.net is among the highest paying contextual ads network and one of the best alternatives for AdSense. They are always searching for higher quality publishers and they only accept websites with premium content. If you need to make more money faster with a lower quality blog, then that is unlikely to happen with Media.net.
The contextual ads network offers many rules that publishers have to observe to get approved to the program. They also allow websites with premium content alone. After they have approved you, you will enjoy many benefits such as higher revenue. Here are some of the guidelines that will help you understand whether your website is suitable for the Media.net adverts or not.
The Media.net program is only available for websites that:
- Contain content in native English
- Receive most of their traffic from the UK, USA and Canada.
- Contains original content
- Have content that is updated on a regular basis
- Have a large number of visitors, who use the website
- Do not infringe third party intellectual property rights
- Do not include a large number of adverts
- Have a considerable amount of content
- Feature navigation-friendly design
They will reject your website if it contains any of the following:
- Software piracy such as torrentz, warez, hacking, cracking phreaking or illegal downloads
- Free hosted webpages
- Hidden text or links
- Is under construction, contain pages without content, or parked pages
- Manipulative or deceptive content or construction of websites to improve the ranking on search engines
- Websites that redirect web traffic to other websites other than the ones Media.net has approved for the program
- Websites that promote activities typically understood as internet abuse, including the use of spyware or sending of bulk electronic mails
Media.net does not approve websites that link directly to websites like:
- Pornographic, adult or any other illegal content
- Alcohol, tobacco, illegal drugs, hazardous substances, ammunition, violence, gore, racism content and gambling
- Pages that contain profanity or content that discriminates or one that is offensive to some groups
- Violence, hate, racial intolerance and the advocate against groups, individuals or organizations
- Sale of imitations of a designer, counterfeit products, stolen items, or products that infringe intellectual property rights of the third parties
- Programs that promote invalid click activities by paying the users to browse websites, click on adverts and read emails
- Websites that contain discussion boards, forums, chat rooms or any other type of content areas that is open to the public updates without moderation
- Websites with content, which the owners generate with computer programs, particularly one that is incomprehensible.
- Sites that publish fake news
How much can you earn with Media.net?
Media.net works on several models with the advertisers which include CPM, CPC, CPA, and CPL. The contextual adverts network translates all that to one metric for the publishers known as effective CPM. In other words, the publisher earns more revenue for every 1000 impressions of the media.net ads. Therefore, it is hard to predict the networks rate for every ad. Moreover, the website does not provide any CPC rates for the ads they post or the CTR info. In other words, it is hard to predict the amount you will earn per every click.
Nevertheless, if you earn $2 CPM for every media.net advert unit and they account your click-through-rate at 0.5 percent, then you will make around 40 cents per week. The 0.5 percent is the double click rate on their ads. For you to earn, the user has to click on the keyword and then click the search ad link to enter the advertiser’s website. Media.net will only count the click if the user clicks the search ad link.
How to add Media.net to WordPress Site?
You have the options of using the sticky ad plugins like Q2W3 Fixed Widget, which fixes the sidebar media.net ad. Put 300×350 sidebar media.net adverts and fix them with the Q2W3 plugin. Moreover, you can use 600×250 media.net adverts in your content – at the middle position of your webpage. Use plugins like Quick AdSense to implement that. The other viable recommendation involves the use of Media.net adverts after you have posted content.